For nearly 30 years, I have helped generations of Charleston-area patients achieve beautiful, functional smiles they can enjoy for the rest of their lives.
Being an orthodontist is meaningful to me because of the positive self-esteem changes I help make in my patients’ lives. There is really nothing more gratifying than seeing a person’s excitement the day he or she gets the braces on and then helping with the transformation over the next few months.
That moment when people see themselves the day their treatment is complete and look at their brand new smile in the mirror: It’s priceless! We live those moments every day and it’s what drives me continuously to be the best doctor I can be.
- Porter-Gaud High School – 1981
- Boston University – BA in biology, 1985
- The Medical University of South Carolina College of Dental Medicine – DMD 1989 (top 10 graduate in dental school class)
- Columbia University – Certificate of orthodontics 1991
- Member of the American Association of Orthodontists, Southern Association of Orthodontists, South Carolina Association of Orthodontists, Charleston Orthodontic Society and Psi Omega Fraternity
- Frequent lecturer on the use of Tip Edge Orthodontics at Jacksonville University Department of Orthodontics, MUSC, as well as the Tip Edge Campus in La Porte, Indiana
- Published in American Journal of Orthodontics
- Chosen by the Invisalign® company for publication in its top 100 Orthodontic Cases in the world (2014)
In the Office
My entire staff, whether at the front desk or working with me to put on braces, is one of the other reasons I enjoy going to work every day. These qualified and attentive individuals are the first people you will meet when you come into our office, and they can answer any of your concerns, whether you have questions about scheduling or even financial and clinical concerns. The goal of our entire office is to treat each of our patients with respect, courtesy, and professionalism.
I was raised in Charleston and have enjoyed raising my family and building my practice in the community I love. My wife Cynthia and I have two children, Ellen and Daniel.
My passions outside of work are traveling with my family, photography, going to concerts, playing the guitar, and running. You’ll often find me running the Ravenel Bridge and various 5ks and 1/2 marathons in the Charleston area.